Rope Access Window Cleaning is Essential High-Level Maintenance in the Facility Management Industry of Abu Dhabi
It is considered the safest way to carry out high-access cleaning and maintenance along with repairs, construction, and other maintenance solutions. With the advancement of equipment and technique, rope access window cleaning has proven to have the lowest occurrence of accidents in jobs of this nature industry-wide.
Using rope access is usually cheaper and less intrusive than alternative working-at-height solutions such as a cradle or truck-mounted access. Rope access can also reach areas at a height that other systems, such as water-fed pole cleaning might not reach. With this kind of access, the completion of bird-proofing, maintenance, and other services can all take place in one go, offering great value.
WHY SAFETY STANDARDS?
Despite having such a high safety reputation, rope access window cleaning has had its fair share of headlines over the years. Well-publicized incidents in the press have come to light where workers have fallen from dangerous heights.
When working at height, safety is paramount, and so the law put regulations in place to ensure an industry-wide safety standard. The Work at Height regulations 2005 state that:
- Work at height should remain properly organised
- Those involved in work at height are competent
- Risk assessments take place and appropriate work equipment is selected and used
- You should manage the risks of working on or near fragile surfaces.
- Proper inspection takes place of the equipment used for work at height.